Monday 25 March 2013

South Africa: day one!

Okay, I'm not going to lie - I haven't ACTUALLY slept since Saturday night and it's now Monday evening. I'm rubbish at sleeping on flights and the weather today has been too gorgeous to go inside and have a nap for! So, I've got heavy eyes  - but, I'M BACK!

I took this pic in the car from the airport.. blue sky, such a novelty coming from grey old London!



After escaping off the plane - Deb picked me up and brought me back to the house, after 6 years of being away and it hasn't changed one bit.. (apart from Sammy the pug who's older and admittedly a bit fatter!) 
After a long soak in the bath, a brief catch up with granny I brushed the cobwebs off my ray-bans and soaked myself in the warm late summer African sun. 





Of course it wasn't long until I was interrupted by Sammy..




The house has lovely large bay windows, a great reading spot! (when I say reading I mean flicking through heat..)




AND! ...Today is my aunt Deb's 50th birthday! these are some of the delightful roses she received..


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for peeking over at my blog honey -

    I am SOOOO jealous that you have escaped freezing, grey London and are in South Africa!! :(

    Trade places with me!! haha


    http://yummei.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete